Friday, May 20, 2011

I Don't Think Blondie Had Any Idea What They Were Singing About, or Why 80s Music Can't Predict The Future: Rapture

So, some dude did some math of which I am skeptical (but which I cannot actually fact check for lack of biblical knowledge and basic math skills), and tomorrow may just be the end of the world.

Again, I am skeptical. Hopefully that doesn't mean I am going to hell.

Despite the fact that my friends usually don't read my blog posts until several days after I originally post them (note: this is not a criticism, just relevant), I am going to publish this anyway, though, in the event of Rapture, they most likely won't see this at all.

Still, I'd like to say...so long, and thanks for all the fish!*


*If you're a Douglas Adams fan as I am, hopefully you'll get this reference. If not, well, too late, I guess, eh? Should Heaven have a library, I suggest you borrow the full Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy posthaste! And if nothing happens, welp, see you all Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. So, apparently it's supposed to start with a earthquake in New Zealand at about 6pm NZ time & then hit all the timezones at 6pm in each zone. Clearly this is bullshit as states like MA aren't even on faultlines & if it was really the Apocalypse, I feel like God would just be like, "WHAM" and done.

    However, Nia Vardalos just tweeted that there was a moderate earthquake in the Australia/NZ vicinity. That made my skin crawl a little bit. But I'm terrible at math and have no idea what time it is over there and I'm sure it's just a coincidence anyway.

    If not, well, at least I get to spend the Apocalypse with you! I'm bringing extra wine - we might not be able to leave the house for a while...

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
You Sass Like You Breathe by Sarah Linnell is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at sasslikeyoubreathe.blogspot.com.