Saturday, October 8, 2011

How It Feels


Cristina: There's a club. The "Dead Dads" club. And you can't be in it until you're in it. You can try to understand, you can sympathize but until you feel that loss- My dad died when I was nine. George, I'm really sorry you had to join the club.
George: I. [pause] I don't know how to exist in a world where my dad doesn't.
Cristina: Yeah, that never really changes.
 
Grey's Anatomy, really hitting that one on the head right there.

This has been playing in my head for a week, and it kind of says it all.

It's been a really rough week and a day. For those that don't know, my dad passed away last Friday, September 30th. I don't know if it's appropriate to post here, but I just needed to put this video somewhere, and all other social media outlets are too crowded and just feel like I'm waving it under all my friends, and also all my "friends," noses.

I don't know if this is something I will ever come to terms with. My dad was a great man, and I have no idea what I'm going to do without him.

Tonight I also learned my grandmother is back in ICU. She had been previously, due to complications from blood clots and coumadin. She's a strong woman, and I so hope she pulls through this. I know it's selfish, but, god, I could really use a break right now. We all could.

I'm not one much for prayer, but I know my grandmother is, so any prayers and any good thoughts for her are much appreciated.



Thank you, to everyone who has been there. You'll never know how much it means to me.





I love you, Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
You Sass Like You Breathe by Sarah Linnell is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at sasslikeyoubreathe.blogspot.com.